Why Are HIIT Workouts So Effective? Claim Your Free HIIT Classes Today
High-intensity interval training, or HIIT, is a type of exercise that alternates between short bursts of activity and brief periods of rest. HIIT can be performed with various exercises, including running, rowing, and biking. HIIT workouts are so effective because they help you torch more calories in a shorter time.
A HIIT workout typically lasts for 30 minutes, including a warm-up and cool-down period. During a HIIT workout, you alternate between periods of all-out effort and active recovery. The all-out effort periods last for 30 seconds to a minute, and then you recover for double that time. HIIT is a great way to fit in a challenging workout, even if you’re short on time.
HIIT workouts are effective for burning belly fat because they help you to maintain a higher heart rate for an extended period of time. When your heart rate is elevated, your body burns more calories. HIIT workouts also help to build lean muscle mass, which can boost your metabolism.
HIIT isn’t just about burning more calories in the short term. It also has lasting effects on your metabolism, helping you to continue burning more calories even after your workout is over. In addition to its calorie-burning benefits, HIIT is also great for your heart health. HIIT workouts get your heart rate up and keep it there, which can improve overall cardiovascular fitness.
How effective is HIIT for weight loss?
If you are looking to rev your metabolism and see real results when it comes to weight loss, high-intensity interval training – or HIIT – is an excellent workout regimen. It is an excellent way to torch calories and fat while also giving your heart and lungs a great workout.
So, how effective is HIIT for weight loss? HIIT has been shown to be more effective than other forms of exercise for burning fat. In one study, HIIT was shown to be more than twice as effective as traditional cardio for reducing belly fat.
HIIT is also an effective way to burn more calories in a shorter amount of time. In fact, HIIT workouts can burn up to 50% more calories than traditional cardio workouts. And, because HIIT raises your heart rate, you continue to burn calories even after your workout is over.
But ultimately, the efficiency of HIIT workouts for weight loss comes down to your diet, exercise plan, and other factors. The only effective way to lose weight is to sustain a calorie deficit for an extended period, i.e., you should burn more calories than you consume.
HIIT workouts allow you to burn more calories in less time, thus allowing you to sustain a calorie deficit while eating sufficiently. But if you don’t watch your diet, you won’t see the weight loss results you’re after.
Is HIIT actually effective?
Research backs the fact that HIIT can be effective in improving fitness levels. For example, one study found that HIIT was able to improve VO2 max (a measure of cardiorespiratory fitness) in a group of women. HIIT has also been shown to be effective in improving insulin sensitivity in both men and women. This is important because insulin resistance is a major risk factor for type 2 diabetes.
Why is HIIT better than cardio or steady state?
There are several reasons HIIT is better than a cardio or steady state for fat loss and improving cardiovascular fitness.
- HIIT training is more effective at burning calories and fat than cardio or steady state. This is because HIIT training raises your heart rate and metabolism for a longer period of time, which results in more calories being burned.
- HIIT training is more effective at improving VO2 max than cardio or steady state. VO2 max is the maximal oxygen uptake rate and is a measure of cardiovascular fitness.
- HIIT training is more effective at preventing injuries than cardio or steady state. This is because HIIT training is a lower impact form of exercise and puts less strain on your joints.
- HIIT training can also include elements of strength training via exercises like burpees and abdominal crunches. This allows you to strengthen and build your muscles while burning more calories, so you can also achieve a toned body.
- If you rely solely on steady-state cardio for weight loss, you would need to run, walk, or swim for an hour or more a day. And perhaps also add strength training exercises, which would make the entire process tiresome and time-consuming. HIIT classes offer those benefits in a fraction of the time, making them more sustainable.
Claim your free HIIT classes in Chelsea
Sweat 440 is a state-of-the-art fitness center located near the 18th St. and 14th St. Metro Stations and the iconic Flatiron Building in Chelsea. More specifically, our HIIT classes are located at 600 6th Ave. We have a unique workout format that ensures new individuals can join the class every 10 minutes, so you don’t need to book your classes in advance. Furthermore, we use the HIIT training format to incorporate strength training, core training, weight training, aerobic exercises, and more.
Your first class is FREE
Benefits of HIIT classes
HIIT vs. Steady State Cardio:
- HIIT is more effective at burning calories
- HIIT training raises your heart rate
- HIIT increases your VO2 max and cardiovascular fitness
- HIIT classes place less pressure on your joints
- HIIT training can incorporate strength training
- HIIT classes provide more benefits in less time
Benefits of HIIT at Sweat 440:
- Join the class whenever you want
- Comprehensive workouts in 40 minutes
- Includes strength training elements
- Targets all muscle groups over the week
- Strategically designed classes
- Burn more calories and build muscle