All it takes is a little cash and the internet to create a website for a gym or personal training business. Regulations beyond that are pretty vague and there’s no governing body monitoring degrees or certifications. In addition, copycats abound- people providing subpar services under a similar name to a more professional gym.
A quick search of “SS Fitness Studio” produced concerning results. What seems to be a specific brand is replicated by various individuals. The search pulls up two different gyms in India, a personal trainer in Massachusetts, and a personal trainer in Texas, to name a few. Each is dramatically different, with different qualifications. In the fitness world, it’s crucial to investigate the people you put your health in the hands of. Not all gyms are created equally, even if they have the same name. Here are important things to consider when choosing a fitness studio.
What is the Origination of the Fitness Studio?
With fitness studios, the “who, what, why, when, where, and how” all matter. They are also inextricably linked. For instance, if a gym originally started in someone’s garage, that might pan out if the “who,” “what,” and “when” line up. But you need all categories checked off to safely pursue membership. The “who” needs to be determined first, since if the founders are unqualified, the rest of the questions are irrelevant.
6 Questions to Ask:
- Who? The people running the gym have a crucial role to play, not only in your fitness, but also in your finances. Some gyms are run by a single personal trainer with no business experience, who can’t guarantee to fulfill your contract or show up to every appointment. Others are run by uncertified people who lack safety training or qualifications. And some see the gym as strictly a business, with no concern for individual members. Sweat440’s two innovative founders are highly sought after trainers with decades of experience and a founding mission to make fitness accessible to everyone.
- What? The SS Fitness Studio search brought up a number of various workouts, many of which are unfounded. And none provide the only workout proven by medical research to burn the most calories in the shortest time possible, while building muscle and shredding fat. Sweat440 offers those high-intensity interval training (HIIT) classes, all day, every day, so every workout is the best workout, every time you come. Our certified instructors circulate through every class, pumping you up, correcting your form, and assisting with any needs. Backed by fitness experts, doctors, and exercise scientists, HIIT is the answer you want when asking what your gym does.
- Why? Why the fitness studio opened is important in terms of longevity and customer experience. If the founders saw a need in the industry and sought to fill it, that’s a good place to start. Founders Matthew Miller and Cody Patrick of Sweat440 listened to clients saying they didn’t have the time or money to join a gym, or they were frustrated by gym classes always being full. They opened Sweat440 to provide affordable, effective routines available every ten minutes that take only 40 minutes to complete. Everything about “why” Sweat440 exists links back to meeting the needs of its members.
- When? While newer gyms sometimes offer the latest technology, methods, or research, you also don’t want to be the first guinea pig. Look for proof of concept before signing on, such as favorable customer reviews, testimonials, or evidence of growth. A newer gym that is already scheduled for expansion and franchising is a sign that it’s on the right track. New businesses are subject to scrutiny, so if a newer gym like Sweat440 has 5-star reviews from the start, it must be exemplary.
- Where? Location is one of the biggest hurdles to consistent fitness. If you get stuck in traffic on the way to a class, you might miss what you already paid for. And if your gym is all the way across town, it’s harder to summon the willpower when you’re tired or it’s rush hour or rainy. If you’re looking for a “gym near me,” look no further than Sweat440. With multiple locations and plenty more in the works, we’re right around the corner. We never charge for classes you miss, in fact, at Sweat440, you’re #neverlate. Stop by and see why we’re what you’re looking for.
- How? The fitness philosophy and business model are both important in how the gym is run. First, do they offer free classes and individual classes to purchase, or do they rope you into a contract right off the bat? Reputable gyms like Sweat440 believe in their concept and are confident in providing free classes to show you what they’re about. Those who aren’t so confident or are only focused on income require a contract that’s hard to escape. Does the fitness studio provide sufficient classes, or do people hover on waiting lists hoping to one day work out? Are the classes welcoming for people at all fitness levels, and do they provide personal attention? The customer service in some gyms stops the minute you sign the paperwork, but Sweat440’s trainers stay with you for the duration of every workout.
Your first class is FREE
Why You Should Research Your Fitness Studio
The Result of Lack of Research: Unqualified Gyms
- Financial risk with hidden fees, cancellations, and closures
- Health risk with lack of qualifications, certifications, or sanitation
- Failed efforts with ineffective methods or improper training
- Useless membership with full classes or locked classes when late
- Inconsistent fitness with bad location or insufficient options
The Result of Research: Choosing Sweat440
- Financial security with free classes and transparent pricing
- Health security with qualified trainers and constant oversight
- Guaranteed results with Sweat440’s HIIT method
- Priceless membership with unlimited monthly usage and no late fees
- Consistent fitness with multiple locations and classes every 10 minutes
With the internet in the palm of our hands, it’s easy for anyone to start a gym. Luckily, it’s also easy to do the research on those gyms. Ask the 6 important questions before you join any gym- the answers will lead you straight to Sweat440.